Netball World Cup SYDNEY 2015 is committed to providing authentic and long-term Legacy Programs which will enhance the experience of the sport for all areas of the community, and as such, our NWC2015 Schools Legacy Program is something we are passionate about.
Working with the education specialists at Netball Australia, (NWC2015 host nation), NWC2015 are proud to be part of the development of the Mini Netball World Cup 2015 resource for schools.
The resource is a great way for Teacher Ambassadors to provide Year 5 & 6 students with a unique learning opportunity in the school and community, and enhance general capabilities.
The Mini Netball World Cup 2015 is a 21st century schools program that consists of three standalone integrated units of work and optional lessons on teamwork that:
· Primarily address teaching and learning outcomes in English, Mathematics, and Health and Physical Education;
· Are mapped against the Australian Curriculum;
· Have netball and world cup themes embedded as part of teaching and learning;
· Use video and images of participating netball players and their teams as a core component of teaching and learning;
· Is accessible to students across multiple intelligences and abilities;
· Is ICT and media technology rich and digitally interactive for students;
· Provide you with an opportunity to use social media as part of learning, and to showcase student work;
· Allow students to promote and model team and collaborate values, and general capabilities as part of their learning;
· Engages your students through a global learning focus that has them showcasing their skills to a community audience.
Please note: That there is no cost to schools or Teacher Ambassadors for the resources and all resources are downloadable from the Mini Netball World Cup webpages.
To access these resources you should register (there is no cost!) to be a Netball Schools Teacher Ambassador. To register please visit the Netball Australia Teacher Ambassador portal here.
Sign up for Mini NWC Resource